Chester County Department of Drug and Alcohol Services
NATIONAL TAKE-BACK DAY
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22, 2016 – 10 A.M. – 2 P.M.
Did you know…
- In 2015, there were 63 drug overdose deaths in Chester County, of which 56 involved fentanyl, heroin, and/or prescription opioids (pain relievers).
- Drug overdose is now the leading cause of accidental death in Pennsylvania. Statewide and nationally drug overdose overtook motor vehicle accidents.
- There is evidence that prescription opioid use significantly contributes to illegal drug use and the opiate epidemic.
- 75% of people who abuse prescription pain relievers get them from friends or relatives.
- 1 in 5 high school students have abused prescription drugs.
Now is the time to get the medications out of your house!
National Take Back Day gives you the opportunity to dispose of all your expired, unused and unwanted medications safely and for free. For more information about Medication Collection Boxes in Chester County, please call: 1-866-286-3767. Please join us next Saturday at any of these sites. Please note that sites are added daily, check www.DEA.gov for an updated list.